Transforming Our Health
NICVA is seeking to ensure that the sector is fully involved in the debate on how Northern Ireland can best transform health and social care services to meet growing needs and improve outcomes, and fully enabled to make its own major contribution to prevention and service provision.
In October 2016, the Department of Health launched a 10-year approach to transforming health and social care in Northern Ireland.
The plan, ‘Heath and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together’, was the then-Health Minister Michelle O’Neill’s response to the report produced by an Expert Panel led by Professor Rafael Bengoa tasked with considering the best configuration of health and social care services in Northern Ireland.
Health and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together provides a ten-year road map for the transformation of Health and Social Care (HSC) services in N Ireland.
It is aligned with the aspirations set out within the Northern Ireland Executive’s draft Programme for Government (PfG), and the PfG ambition of enabling people to lead long, healthy and active lives.
Four key aims underpin this ambition:
- Improving the health of our people
- Supporting and empowering staff
- Improving the quality and experience of care
- Ensuring the sustainability of services
Reporting and Progress
The Department has posted annual progress reports, outlining key actions and achievements since the strategy’s launch in October 2016.
These can be found here https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/topics/health-policy/transformation-progress .
- The first progress report, published in October 2017, outlined actions taken since the strategy’s launch in October 2016.
- The most recent progress report published in May 2019 is available to view online or you can view a shorter interactive version which highlights progress made over the previous year (includes video).This document features some of the new projects which have been brought forward and that Department of say Health ''will in time transform the way we engage, access and deliver health and social care''.
- The progress report for 2020 has yet to be published.
This hub will provide information and updates as and when they are available.
Health and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together - 12 month progress report from the Department of Health
The Department of Health has reported on the progress to date of the Health and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together vision.
Northern Ireland Health Transformation Process: an Update on progress from the Department for Health
On 25 October 2016, the then Minister of Health, Michelle O’Neill launched “Health and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together”.
Invitation to contribute to the development of a Strategic Framework for expanding community development approaches to reducing health inequalities.
On 25th of October, informed by the Bengoa Report, the Health Minister announced the publication of the document Health and Wellbeing 2026; Delivering Together.
- ‹ previous
- 2 of 2