Wellbeing: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme (6 week course)
The six facilitated sessions will each be delivered as 1 hour Live Webinars over a 6 week period. To benefit from this programme participants will need to mindfully embrace the challenge; be motivated and self-disciplined; and put in the effort and commitment to an immediate lifestyle and attitude change. The six sessions below are all facilitated by Frank Liddy, Inspire Lead Mindfulness Practitioner.
|Session One||Monday 22 February||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Two||Monday 1 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Three||Monday 8 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Four||Tuesday 16 March||10am - 11am|
|Session Five||Monday 22 March||2pm – 3pm|
|Session Six||Monday 29 March||1pm – 2pm|
At the end of the programme participants should:
- Understand the foundational theoretical and practice based principles of contemplative mindfulness practice and the positive impact on mind, body, brain, overall functioning and performance.
- Understand and apply the concepts of acceptance, beginners mind, bare attention and de-centering to positively manage the inevitable and unavoidable challenges of daily living and including work-life stressors.
- Through mindful awareness;
- Identify, observe emotions and the inter-relationship between emotions, thoughts and behaviour to manage stress
- Notice, challenge and change habitual negative thoughts, behavioural and relational patterns to promote positive interactions.
- Develop – dial - up a measured positive stress response to improve performance and dial down a misappropriated reactionary and negative “fight flight” response which decreases performance.
- Understand and develop a compassionate self-awareness to promote resilience and responsible, positive self-care.
- Learn contemplative mindful meditative practices and through continued practice designed to reduce stress, anxiety and promote self-compassion, resilience and generalised wellbeing.