Beyond the Battlefield
Beyond the Battlefield
Beyond the Battlefield was formed as a charity to look after the well being of the Ex-service Community in both parts of the Island of Ireland.
The charity fulfils a number of roles which will concentrate on working with a group of counsellors in order to assess and treat Ex-service people who suffer with a variety of symptoms and problems that indicate they are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress disorder.
This service is open to all service personnel from the Forces, the Police and the Emergency services through to anyone who because of service or indeed through their connections to the services has or is suffering with P T S D.
Beyond the Battlefield carries out a number of roles which include treatment of P T S D the associated problems which are Stress’ Alcohol Abuse’ Drugs: domestic Abuse’ Suicide’ Bereavement ‘and Financial Difficulties’ Relationship difficulties’ Self harm’ and trauma.
- All members are entitled to free counselling in P T S D.
- Every member will be entitled to a free war pension heath check. If entitled a small charge will be made for carrying out the assessment and submitting the documentation plus any reviews or appeals required.
- Help with housing issues and entitlements to grants or housing’ benefits
- Help with applying for benefits and advice on entitlements and help with form filling.
- Beyond the Battlefield will be introducing a befriending service to ensure those in need and house bound are not forgotten or neglected
- We will work with the veterans agency to ensure medal entitlements are pursued and received
- We will be dealing with widow entitlements ensuring our widows are given the respect and pensions they deserve.
- We will provide pipers ‘buglers and advisors for military funerals within the family’s wishes and where a member is entitled There will be a cost for this but only the expenses of the people involved
- We have secured the help and assistance of local politicians in sourcing funding and lobbying for change in housing and benefits veterans are entitled to on completion of service.
- We intend to seek funding to enable members to have somewhere to go in the event of a financial burden or crisis.