Transformative Leadership Programme
The Transformative Leadership Programme (TLP) is a leadership training programme funded by the Peace IV programme through Belfast City Council (BCC). It runs until December 2021.
Spring dates have now been set for the Transformative Leadership Programme (TLP)—a leadership training course funded by the PEACE IV Programme through Belfast City Council as part of their Transform for Change programme.
To register your interest in the programme, fill in the Expression of Interest Form.
“Very worthwhile training, increasing collaboration between community / residents and statutory bodies is welcomed"
— TLP participant
What is the Transformative Leadership Programme?
This course is being delivered across 15 interface areas in Belfast, and NICVA is delighted to be delivering it along with locally based partners across the city: Falls Community Council, West Belfast Partnership Board, East Belfast Community Development Agency and Forward South Partnership.
Who is it for?
This course is unique in that it brings together people from local communities, public sector agencies and those involved in politics, to build leadership skills and share ideas on how to make life better in interface areas.
You just need to be:
- Living or working in the Belfast City Council area
- Aged 18 or over
- Would like to learn new ways of working with people from other backgrounds and sectors in order to make life better in interface communities
Helen McLaughlin, the Programme Co-ordinator says:
“Whether you’re brand new to learning about leadership, or you’ve been involved in working to make life better in your area for many years, as a volunteer or as a professional, this course could be for you”.
What will I get out of it?
- You’ll be taking part in a world standard leadership training course designed uniquely for Belfast
- You will learn skills and tools:
- to explore your own personal leadership
- to collaborate more effectively with others to make change (building relationships, managing conflict, planning together)
- to understand local issues in the wider context
- to explore new ways of dealing with old challenges – social innovation and what it means for interface areas
- Because the course is part of the wider BCC Peace IV Transform for Change programme, you’ll have opportunities to take part in area-based and city wide networking events and study visits across NI, ROI and UK
- You’ll have the chance to work on a small collaborative project with others on your course
- You’ll meet and build relationships with people from other backgrounds or sectors who are interested in addressing interface issues
- You can gain accreditation at Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3 (this is optional)
Participants on our Autumn 2019 TLP courses told us that as well as enjoying learning new leadership skills and tools, they placed great value on working together with others from different backgrounds and sectors to make a difference in their area.
A trainer on our Autumn TLP courses commented:
“It has been encouraging to see participants from our autumn cohort have already begun to build relationships with those they may otherwise have not engaged with prior to this programme. We are seeing participants as young as eighteen actively challenging and working towards changing the narratives around our interface areas.”
The course covers 10 modules which run as 5 full days across 5 weeks (e.g. 5 Tuesdays, or 5 Wednesdays, or 5 Thursdays, or 5 Fridays).
Here are the dates for Spring 2020
|Interface Area||Dates Spring 2020||Venue|
|Crumlin Road / Ardoyne / Glenbryn||Fridays 9.30am – 4.30pm|
6 March / 13 March / 20 March / 27 March / 3 April / 24 April (final session at NICVA morning only)
|Girdwood Community Hub|
|Suffolk/Lenadoon||Thursdays 9.30am – 4.30pm|
27 Feb / 5 Mar / 12 Mar / 19 Mar / 26 Mar / 2 April (final session morning only)
|Falls Community Council|
|Springfield Road||Fridays 9.30am – 4.30pm|
6 March / 13 March / 20 March / 27 March / 3 April / 24 April (final session morning only)
|Twin Spires Centre|
|Short Strand / Inner East||Tuesdays 9.30am – 4.30pm|
21 April / 28 April / 5 May / 12 May / 19 May / 26 May (final session morning only)
|East Belfast Network Centre|
|Lower Ormeau and the Markets||Wednesdays 9.30am – 4.30pm|
26 Feb / 4 March / 11 March / 18 March / 25th March / 1 April (final session morning only)
|Ormeau Business Park Training Room|
How do I sign up?
You can sign up by completing an Expression of Interest form here:
We will then contact you to let you know if you have secured a place, and to confirm your course dates, times and venue.
How do I find out more?
To find out more, contact Helen McLaughlin at NICVA. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9087 7777.
You can also talk to our delivery partners in your area of Belfast:
- If you're in North Belfast, it's Helen, as above
- If you're in West Belfast, contact Gerry McConville at Falls Community Council. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9020 2030
- If you're in South Belfast, contact Briege Arthurs at Forward South Partnership. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9024 4070
- If you're in East Belfast, contact Jonny Currie at East Belfast Community Development Agency. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9045 1512
Spring dates have now been set for the Transformative Leadership Programme (TLP)—a leadership training programme funded by the PEACE IV Programme through Belfast City Council.
|Mary McCaughey||Programme Support Officer (TLP)|
Share your COVID-19 support service information
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information