The Impact of Recession on the Sector (2009)
The survey was circulated in September 2009 by email to chief executives in a range of voluntary and community organisations. 61 organisations responded to the survey.
Key findings include:
- Just over half of respondents stated that the recession has yet to have an impact on their funding streams.
- Nearly three quarters of respondents are unsure of the impact the recession will have on sectoral funding in the future.
- An overwhelming majority of respondents believe that the demand for services has increased as a result of the recession.
- 71.4% of organisations have had no additional financial support from their funders to increase their capacity to deal with additional demand on services.
- 13.1% of organisations have had to initiate staff redundancies. 21.4% believe they may have to enforce this.
- 20.2% of organisations stated that they have introduced or will soon have to introduce a wage freeze.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review