Accredited Online Cyber Security training opportunity from Belfast Met
[NB This course is now fully booked]
Cyber Security Training
Belfast Metropolitan College is offering a free training course for those interested in wanting to learn more about cyber security.
The five day course will be held virtually. Certificates for CPD purposes will be provided upon completion of the course.
- Five day Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials course develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security.
- The course introduces students to characteristics of cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend networks.
- Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills in cybersecurity.
You will need access to a computer with Internet access.
The course dates are:-
- Monday 28 March
- Tuesday 29 March
- Friday 1 April
- Monday 4 April
- Tuesday 5 April
CISCO Course Goals
Cybersecurity Essentials helps students:
- Understand the players in the cyber security world and motivation of cyber criminals and cybersecurity professionals.
- Learn to identify security attacks, symptoms, processes, and countermeasures.
- Learn foundational and essential knowledge in various security domains – cybersecurity, information security, application security, host and system security, network security, mobile security, security laws, ethics, and security policies.
- Build skills in security management, controls, protection and mitigation technologies.
- Explore the roles of different cybersecurity professionals and career options.
- Consider or advance a career in cybersecurity
To register for the course you’ll need to create an account on the Belfast Met website.
As part of the account creation process you’ll be asked for some basic personal information then there are subsequent sections with some mandatory fields marked with an * - they must be filled in.
PLEASE NOTE – there is a question about providing proof of identity with an upload which is marked with an * but you can move on without adding that and provide at a later date. You’ll eventually reach the payment page which confirms that attendance it is free for you as a participant.
[NOW FULLY BOOKED]
Please register for the course on the Belfast Met website using this link https://ebsontrackprospect.belfastmet.ac.uk/Order/CreateOrder?UIOIds_InList=69743
You’ll see that the course is called “CISCO Cybersecurity Essentials Castlereagh”. The course is delivered online via Microsoft Teams.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
- Cyber Security Clinics: Book an Appointment
- Five resources for building cyber security in small charities
- Free cyber security support and accreditation- for organisations working with victims of domestic abuse
- Police Urge Public to be Vigilant of Scammers after more than £40,000 lost to scams this week