Transformative Leadership Programme
The Transformative Leadership Programme (TLP) is a leadership training programme funded by the Peace IV programme through Belfast City Council (BCC). It runs until December 2021.
COVID 19 has meant that we have moved the Transformative Leadership Programme online - you still get the same content, and the chance to meet up with others from your interface area - in a virtual format. And the programme is still accredited at ILM Level 3 for those who would like to pursue accreditation. We're now planning our Autumn 2020 dates so don't miss out.
To register your interest in the programme, fill in the Expression of Interest Form.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the programme, and was delighted I was able to complete the programme online. Working in Queen’s, I understand the transition from classroom teaching to online teaching has not been easy and to make it so seamless has been fantastic" - Claire Regan, QUB, participant on Crumlin Road Ardoyne Glenbryn TLP May 2020
What is the Transformative Leadership Programme?
This course is being delivered across 15 interface areas in Belfast, and NICVA is delighted to be delivering it along with locally based partners across the city: Falls Community Council, West Belfast Partnership Board, East Belfast Community Development Agency and Forward South Partnership.
Who is it for?
This course is unique in that it brings together people from local communities, public sector agencies and those involved in politics, to build leadership skills and share ideas on how to make life better in interface areas.
You just need to be:
- Living or working in the Belfast City Council area
- Aged 18 or over
- Would like to learn new ways of working with people from other backgrounds and sectors in order to make life better in interface communities
Helen McLaughlin, the Programme Co-ordinator says:
“Whether you’re brand new to learning about leadership, or you’ve been involved in working to make life better in your area for many years, as a volunteer or as a professional, this course could be for you. We have now transferred to online delivery which means that this opportunity is still available and you don't have to miss out.
What will I get out of it?
- You’ll be taking part in a world standard leadership training course designed uniquely for Belfast
- You will learn skills and tools:
- to explore your own personal leadership
- to collaborate more effectively with others to make change (building relationships, managing conflict, planning together)
- to understand local issues in the wider context
- to explore new ways of dealing with old challenges – social innovation and what it means for interface areas
- Because the course is part of the wider BCC Peace IV Transform for Change programme, you’ll have opportunities to take part in area-based and city wide networking events and study visits across NI, ROI and UK
- You’ll have the chance to work on a small collaborative project with others on your course
- You’ll meet and build relationships with people from other backgrounds or sectors who are interested in addressing interface issues
- You can gain accreditation at Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3 (this is optional)
Another participant on our Spring 2020 Crumlin Road Ardoyne Glenbryn online TLP course said:
"Starting the course face to face was great, but due to the Covid-19 situation everything was put on hold. But very soon after, everything was up and running again all online, at the start I wasn't sure how it would work. Using Zoom we finished the course, it was great to get back and involved with others again. Using the breakout rooms worked great and hearing different views from others also. Guest speakers also joined us and we didn't miss out. It was well worth taking part and I would definitely advise others to take part" - Zoe Ferguson, Treasurer, Cliftonville Integrated Primary School PTA.
The course covers 10 modules which include:
- Collaboration for Transformation
- Addressing Barriers to Transformation
- Transforming Relationships
- Social Innovation
- Understanding Power and Systems
Our dates for Autumn 2020 will be available soon so now is a good time to sign up.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up by completing an Expression of Interest form here:
We will then contact you to let you know if you have secured a place, and to confirm your course dates, times and venue.
How do I find out more?
To find out more, contact Helen McLaughlin at NICVA. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9087 7777.
You can also talk to our delivery partners in your area of Belfast:
- If you're in North Belfast, it's Helen, as above
- If you're in West Belfast, contact Gerry McConville at Falls Community Council. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9020 2030
- If you're in South Belfast, contact Briege Arthurs at Forward South Partnership. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9024 4070
- If you're in East Belfast, contact Jonny Currie at East Belfast Community Development Agency. Email: [email protected]. Tel: 028 9045 1512
Spring dates have now been set for the Transformative Leadership Programme (TLP)—a leadership training programme funded by the PEACE IV Programme through Belfast City Council.
|Mary McCaughey||Programme Support Officer (TLP)|
Share your COVID-19 support service information
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information