Free mentoring support and more still available for CFNI grantees
The Capacity Building Accelerator and Mentoring Programme gives CFNI Grantees access to FREE expert training, networking opportunities and one-to-one mentoring support, which will help build capacity of staff, volunteers and boards. It is designed to be flexible to the needs of organisations, ensuring they get the most from the programme.
Since it was launched in May 2022 over 85 Organisations have accessed a range of interactive workshops, mentoring support, and advice clinics, including:
- 130 days of Bespoke Mentoring Support
- 14 Advice Clinics in Governance, Fundraising, Lobbying and Impact
- 11 Themed Learning Events on topics such as Social Media, Podcasting, Governance and Risk Assessment
- 52 Managers, Team Leaders and Trustees registered for Executive Coaching.
Bolster Community discuss making the most of their Mentoring Support
One organisation who has benefited from the Mentoring Support programme is Bolster Community (previously SPACE NI), a charity and social enterprise based in Newry and Kilkeel, who provide services, support, training and leadership on community development, resilience, and well-being in South Down.
Bolster Community were matched with Andrew Talbot, one of a panel of 16 NICVA Mentors, with a broad range of expertise in areas such as community development, fundraising, and strategic planning. Andrew worked with Allison Slater, Bolster’s Head of Operations and Development to identify their support needs.
We caught up with them both at their Staff Planning Day in early March 2023:
What can organisations expect from the programme?
- Bespoke capacity building and mentoring support.
- Executive coaching for Managers and Trustees.
- Access to a range of Health Checks (e.g., Governance, Cyber Security).
- A range of themed workshops and learning events.
- Exclusive access to online learning resources via NICVA’s online training academy.
This programme is exclusively for recipients of the CFNI / Department of Health's Cancer Carers and Mental Health Funds.
Or contact Project Coordinator, Susan Glass [email protected]
The Capacity Building Accelerator and Mentoring Programme is funded by the Community Foundation Northern Ireland (CFNI) and delivered by the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action (NICVA).
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here