Guest Blog - Launch of the Fundraising Preference Service (FPS) in NI
The Fundraising Preference service was launched in July 2017 and is operated by the Fundraising Regulator. For the public it works in a similar way to the Telephone and Mail preference services, as it allows them to stop unwanted communications from charities, the development of the service was a key requirement in the development of the new Fundraising Regulator.
From Monday 26 March 2018 the service will include charities registered only in Northern Ireland
5 Things your charity needs to know about the Fundraising Preference Service:
1. The public can make a request online or over the telephone and can choose to stop email, addressed letters, texts or telephone calls from specific named charities.
2. The public can make a request for themselves or ‘on behalf of’ someone (such as a vulnerable family member).
3. Charities who receive a ‘stop’ request (usually called a suppression) will be contacted by the Fundraising Regulator.
4. Unlike TPS and MPS, charities need to log in to a special portal to collect the ‘stop request’ (suppression).
5. More information can be found on the Fundraising Regulator’s website, including this leaflet designed to help charities understand the FPS
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here