Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
The Viewfinder 5 survey was circulated to 895 NICVA members in late 2005. There was a 33.5% response rate.
Key findings include:
- There is overwhelming support for the introduction of the smoking ban in Northern Ireland (93%).
- Only 14.4% of respondents feel the sector is very good at providing affordable and accessible childcare.
- 71.6% of respondents believe volunteers are crucial to the running of their organisation.
- 45.3% of respondents believe the outcome of the Review of Public Administration will give the sector a stronger voice in local policy-making.
- Changes to the Disability Discrimination Act (2004) have had a direct impact on 83.9% of organisations.
- Funding, the RPA and whether we have an Assembly, are regarded as the most important issues likely to affect the sector in the next five years.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review