Community Safety Regional Steering Group seeks sector representatives
The purpose of the Regional Steering Group on Community Safety is to:
- Provide strategic oversight of implementation of the Community Safety Strategy and Delivery Plan
- Assist the Delivery Groups to deal with any barriers to implementation of the Strategy or Delivery Plan
- Ensure that synergies between the work of the Delivery Groups are exploited (eg links between Anti-Social Behaviour and Alcohol and Drugs)
- Ensure that any cross-cutting actions from the Delivery Groups are taken forward effectively (eg media/communications issues, joint research)
- Ensure any linkages with other related Government strategies are identified in particular Reducing Offending Framework, DARD Rural White Paper, Prisons Review, Youth Justice Review etc.
Two nominees will be selected to represent the sector and will be expected to disseminate any information about the work of the Regional Steering Group. A member will also be required to proactively seek input to the steering group, particularly on cross-cutting issues.
The membership of the Regional Steering Group, detailed below, reflects the partnership approach that is required across Government to effectively deliver the outcomes in the Community Safety Strategy.
Belfast City Council
NI Ambulance Service
Belfast City Centre Management
NI Housing Executive
NI Policing Board
NI Prison Service
Police Service of NI
Probation Board NI
Pubs of Ulster
Health and Social Care Board
Youth Justice Agency
The nomination process includes the completion of a nomination form to be submitted by Friday 14 September with representatives selected at the end of September by the NICVA Executive.
If you would like further information on the nomination process, please contact Patricia Stewart at [email protected] or 028 9087 7777.