Brainwaves NI is dedicated to providing support and information to all those affected by a brain tumour: patients, their families, friends and carers.
The work of the Charity is overseen by a Committee, elected annually, all of whom are volunteers. The Charity receives no statutory funding. All funds are used directly to support the Charity's activities and services.
Brainwaves NI can help in a number of ways by:
- Offering a lifeline at the end of phone through our dedicated Support helpline
- Offering meet-ups for patients and families to meet others in our local brain tumour community
- Organising and running social activities for members.
- Organising and offering family weekend breaks with our members.
- Raising awareness of the needs of those just recently diagnosed or living with a brain tumour
- Raising awareness of the needs of families and carers.
- Providing information and signposting to appropriate and accurate quality materials.