Disabled Police Officers Association of Northern Ireland

Disabled Police Officers Association of Northern Ireland

The Association’s objectives are to promote the relief and benefit of the members of the Disabled Police Officers Association of Northern Ireland who have received serious personal injury whether physical or mental whilst in service with the Royal Ulster Constabulary, the Royal Ulster Constabulary Reserve or the Police Service Northern Ireland by the provision of rehabilitation with the object of preserving and protecting the health of and improving the conditions of life of such members of the Association.


The current membership of the DPOA comprises of 240 members, 90% who have suffered and continue to endure the aftermath of appalling injuries at the hands of terrorists, the remaining 10% suffered serious permanent injury while carrying out normal policing duties.

Membership of the Association provides members with:

  • Montly Away Days provide the opportunity for members to travel around the Province to meet with old friends and ex-colleagues, have lunch and some entertainment in safe surroundings in their local areas.
  • Art Classes are provided for those who find painting therapeutic and a day out.
  • Computer Training can be arranged at the Police Rehabilitation Unit, or in the members own home and recently was arranged in a nursing home when a computer was supplied for a member who has been in residential care since being shot in 1972 at the age of 30.
  • Home and Hospital visits to members and spouses are made by the Directors and their wives.
  • Time Outs for members and their carers, specially organised weekends where alternative therapies are demonstrated.

Contact Details

NICVA will not disclose any contact details further to those published by the organisation below.


18 b Newforge Lane
Co. Antrim
United Kingdom


028 90685130


Social Media

Charity Number: