Employers for Disability NI
Employers for Disability NI
Employers for Disability NI is a unique, not-for-profit organisation comprising employers and service providers. It supports member organisations in implementing practices to attract and retain disabled employees, customers and service users and promotes good practice generally.
- Being a member of Employers for Disability NI puts employers and service providers in the strongest position possible to be recognised as an organisation which implements good disability practice and meets its legal obligations.
- More than 20% of the population has a disability, therefore it is vital that employers and service providers attract disabled customers and employees.
- Disability legislation is one of the strongest and most complex areas of anti-discrimination law and consistently attracts the highest levels of compensation.
- Employers for Disability NI is the only NI-based employer-led organisation focused solely on the needs of member organisations which value disabled customers and employees, hence our unique understanding of the issues and challenges experienced by our members.
- Employers for Disability NI provides the highest quality, practical support to members, helping them attract and retain disabled employees and customers.
- As an independent organisation, owned and funded by members, we recognise the changing needs of employers and service providers in a dynamic and challenging legal and economic environment, and ensure that our services are flexible, relevant and beneficial.
- Being a member of Employers for Disability NI gives employer representatives the opportunity to share experiences, lessons, advice and resources with other professionals facing similar responsibilities and challenges.
1 Disability Advice Line and Problem Solving Service - a one-to-one tailored advice and information service.
2 Disability Mediation Service
Employers for Disability NI employees are trained mediators and the Disability Mediation Service assists employers in the resolution of disability conflicts, therefore avoiding litigation.
3 Disability Support Pack
Members get access to our on-line comprehensive Disability Support Pack, which includes:
- eight key disability commitments
- NI’s only employer Good Practice Logo, developed for members-only use to ensure recognition as an organisation which values employees and customers with disabilities
- a Good Practice Guide, which gives detailed, practical information, and is regularly updated
- Audit Tool, for members’ self analysis, target setting and monitoring progress.
4 Member Area of Employers for Disability NI Website - selection of training materials, an on-line disability awareness briefing, video links, factsheets etc.
5 Regular “E-updates” and “Case Law and News Bulletins” - includes items of news, research, advice and disability case law updates.
6 Disability Awareness Training Seminars – tailored to requirements of delegates
7 Disability Awareness Tools - for member organisations who want to promote disability awareness among staff through, for example, in-house training.
8 Partnership Events - events are delivered to members in partnership with Disability Organisations.
9 Online Jobs Bulletin Board – for members only to advertise job vacancies and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
10 Discounts on Professional Services - discounts exclusively for members and their employees as follows:
Mon-Fri office hours. Note we are in and out of the office so email or phone and leave a message if we are unavailable.