Footprints Womens Centre
Footprints Womens Centre
To help women grow in confidence and create a positive model for their children through charity childcare, support education and training run by women for women in a Friendly non threatening environment.
Central to the work of Footprints and developed around a strong self-help ethos, women’s services include:
- Drop-in. The Drop-in is an informal area where women can meet and socialise with one another.
- Listening Ear. Trained staff and volunteers provide a friendly welcome and offer a listening ear to women.
- Advice & Advocacy. A range of advice services are also available through a range of partners offering support in a number of areas such as debt, children, domestic violence and relationship breakdown.
- Referrals. When additional support is needed it can be accommodated through referral to specialist agencies and counsellors such as Colin Counselling and Women’s Aid.
- Health Awareness. Information days raising health awareness are organised on a regular basis and include Mobile Screening (Action Cancer) and Health Checks (CHS).
- 50+ Group. Meet weekly for lunch and other activities such as Bingo and day trips.
Training & Education
Understanding the needs of women Footprints has a successful history of delivering training and education programmes to women from the Colin area. Offering a range of courses in a variety of subjects including ICT, personal development and essential skills women can participate in accredited training and gain recognised qualifications.
Women are encouraged to progress at their own pace and can avail of individual study support and on-site childcare. Many courses are free or available at greatly reduced prices.
We offer the following children’s services:
- Family Support
- Creche facilities for women attending the training within the centre
- Respite childcare can be offered on a short-term basis by referral
- Mums & Kids activities providing an opportunity for family fun and learning
- Quality Day Care for pre-school age children Monday to Friday, 8am—6pm
- Summer Scheme is organised each year during July and August
Footprints Catering Services
Footprints operate as a social enterprise and own a trading company which includes Footprints Catering Services. All profits are ‘gifted’ back to the Centre. Services include: Footprints Cafe which offers a welcome and relaxing environment to enjoy a cup of tea or lunch with friends; Corporate Catering, Delivery Service, Private Functions and Special Occasions Catering.