Previously known as Belfast Housing Aid. Housing Rights is a voluntary organisation with specialist housing expertise, striving to combat inadequate housing conditions by promoting housing rights throughout NI through advice, training, information in Northern Ireland.
We also tackle the root causes of housing problems by influencing government for new laws, policies and solutions.
We offer help and support to members of the public and to other housing and advice professionals. We achieve this through:
- Providing a housing advice line
- Undertaking advocacy and legal representation work on behalf of people with housing problems
- Providing dedicated debt advisers to advise and represent families threatened with repossession
- Delivering skills and knowledge based training on housing and related issues
- Producing information resource materials on housing law and practice in Northern Ireland
- Providing client based comment to influence the development of relevant public policy and legislation
- Providing a public information website on housing and related issues in Northern Ireland (www.housingadviceNI.org)
- Providing a specialist housing advice service within the prisons in NI
- Supporting generalist advice agencies to deliver quality housing in their local communities.