NI at Play
NI at Play
NI at Play is a social enterprise and registered charity set up to promote the benefits of outdoor play for children and young people. We provide children, young people, parents and those who work with children opportunities to engage in outdoor play through practical play sessions, training and workshops.
We are offering your childcare setting, school or youth club the opportunity to avail of a two-hour outdoor play session, a series of sessions or full day sessions, delivered in your setting or an outdoor area of your choice.
What does the outdoor play session consist of?
- NI at Play will come with the resources that offer every child the chance to play outdoors.
- The play is always child-led, the resources we bring will inspire all children to be actively involved.
- Each session is about on-site learning for staff. Reflective practice ensures that we help staff to respond to the children.
- The resources that we bring to subsequent sessions are also a result of reflective practice.
- The play sessions are unique to each setting but they are an opportunity for all staff to take a step back from the play and observe.
- The resources that we use in the play session will be a mix of recycled and purchased equipment. This will mean that replicating the sessions will be easier for staff and cheaper for the setting.