Stepping Stones NI
Stepping Stones NI
Unlocking the potential of people with learning disabilities by providing progressive preparation for the world of work objectives to develop projects and initiatives which will provide appropriate training opportunities for adults with learning disability to equip individuals participating in projects with knowledge skills attitudes and qualifications to enable progression to supported employment to promote independence amongst adults with learning disabilities participating in projects
Services offered include:
- A Transitions Service offering support to school leavers aged 16-19 with learning disabilities and/or learning difficulties.
- A Training Service which offers accredited training programs. All training is person centred and tailored to the individual. All those accessing services throughout the organisation have access to all training programs.
- An Employment Service offering individualised support to both employer and employee. Support includes; job search and application help, interview preparation and on the job facilitation for both parties.
- A Youth Service offering opportunities to people with learning disabilities or learning difficulties which support them to engage with training or employment services.
- Four social economies which offer outstanding customer service whilst delivering training to young adults with learning disabilities. These are:
- Stepping Stones Coffee Shop – recent winner of Best non licensed Eating Establishment in Lisburn City Council Awards. NVQ Catering training is delivered on site to young adults with learning disabilities.
- Stepping Stones Picture Framing – Offering its customers a completely bespoke service at competitive prices, young adults with learning disabilities are included in process of framing.
- Pink Elephant Cards – young adults with learning disabilities are supported in this workshop to hand make exquisite wedding stationery. Designs can be viewed via the Pink Elephant Facebook Page www.facebook.com/pages/Pink-Elephant-Cards
- The Avenue Coffee Shop – people with learning disabilities are supported as volunteers who prepare and serve the food in this thriving coffee shop.