Latest Covid-19 issues for the sector - 3rd NICVA weekly survey results
NICVA's third weekly Covid-19 survey reveals latest the issues and experiences of sector organisations in the current crisis
- (95%) reported themselves to be healthy and none reported having confirmed Covid-19
- The top three most pressing issues facing organisations remained, as for the previous two weeks, ‘Sustaining the organisation and its activities’, ‘Finance/Cash flow’ and the ‘Well-being of staff/volunteers.’ A close fourth was, ‘Adapting my services to deliver online’
- Nearly two thirds (61.8%) said they felt they that had the equipment to operate safely, but over one in four (28.1%) did not
- Confidence in the information and guidance being provided by Councils and the NI Executive & Government Departments/Agencies has increased from last week, especially for the latter (from 63.8% to 71.4%)
- 43.8% felt they were not receiving adequate funding from new government sources to sustain their organisations and activities. This compared with 54.3% in the previous week’s survey. Just under a third (32.6%) however, said these funds were not applicable to them
- Well over half (58.5%) reported a drop in available staff and volunteers and over a third of those (36.9%) reported a drop of 80% or more
NICVA is continuing to represent your concerns and issues to government and others. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete these surveys to keep us informed on the latest picture.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
Find more coronavirus information from NICVA
Sign up for COVID-19 email updates
Not a NICVA member yet?
Save time, money and energy. Join NICVA and you’ll be connecting in to a strong network of local organisations focused on voluntary and community activity.Join Us
NICVA now welcomes all small groups for free.