How Covid-19 is affecting you – NICVA weekly survey - Week 2
Below are some key findings from the second of four weekly Covid-19 surveys NICVA is running on how the Covid-19 crisis is affecting sector organisations.
- (94%) reported themselves to be healthy (compared with 95% in the previous weekly survey) and none reported having confirmed Covid-19
- The top three most pressing issues facing organisations remained, as for the previous week, ‘Sustaining the organisation and its activities’, ‘Finance/Cash flow’ and the ‘Well-being of staff/volunteers.’ A close fourth was, ‘Adapting my services to deliver online’
- Nearly two thirds (65.3%) said they felt the places where their organisations operated were safe spaces for staff, volunteers and services users, but 21.6% said they did not
- A greater proportion (63.8%) felt well informed and had confidence in the guidance provided by the NI Executive and NI Government departments and agencies, than by Councils (57.2%) or UK Government (53.7%)
- More organisations reported a reduction in staff and volunteers available to work/volunteer (60.2% compared to the previous week’s 52.8%)
- Over half of respondents (58.8%) felt they were being supported flexibly by their current government funder, while one in six (14.1%) did not
- Over half (54.3%) felt they were not receiving adequate funding from new government sources to sustain their organisations and activities. This compared with 42.2% in the previous week’s survey. Nearly a third (29.1%) however, said these funds were not applicable to them.
We really appreciate you taking the time to complete these brief surveys in this fast-moving situation. We will continue to reflect and represent their findings to Government and others.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
Find more coronavirus information from NICVA
Sign up for COVID-19 email updates
Not a NICVA member yet?
Save time, money and energy. Join NICVA and you’ll be connecting in to a strong network of local organisations focused on voluntary and community activity.Join Us
NICVA now welcomes all small groups for free.