LRA publishes new employer guide to Hybrid Working
Helpful and practical guidance for employers
The LRA's newly released, 'A Practical Guide to Hybrid Working' document, provides employers with a wealth of information about the factors to consider when developing an organisational approach to hybrid working. It includes practical considerations from health and safety to insurance, a sample policy and a FAQ section.
LRA's 7 key takeaways:
The guide includes some key takeaways for employers which are:
- Employers should consider carefully whether hybrid working could be effective for particular roles and workplaces and recognise where it is not appropriate. Effective planning for its introduction is essential.
- Employers should consider introducing hybrid working on a trial basis if they are unsure if or how it will work in practice within their organisation and ensure that a review is carried out prior to the end of the trial period.
- Recognised trade unions/employee representatives and employees should be consulted prior to the introduction of a hybrid working policy.
- Employers should look at whether contractual changes are needed. This will depend on the model to be introduced. The employer must seek the consent of the employee directly, or via collective agreement, to any such changes.
- Employers should prepare a policy document, which clearly sets out how hybrid working will operate in your organisation – a model policy is contained within this guidance.
- Employers should review all associated policies to ensure consistency across all policies.
- Employers should ensure that hybrid working arrangements are kept under review.
NICVA top tips and request for you to share your experience of developing hybrid/blended working
You can also read NICVA's article on our top tips for planning your return to the workplace. Also if you would like to share how you have approached this within your organisation, please feel free to get in touch with me by email: [email protected] or by calling me on 028 9087 7777. We plan to share our approach to developing blended working at NICVA over the coming weeks and hopefully share some of your experiences with the sector also so that we can learn from each other.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here