Representing your Covid-19 concerns to Government
NICVA CEO Seamus McAleavey has been representing these concerns at the Emergencies Leadership Group established by Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey to co-ordinate a joint Government/sector response to the Covid-19 crisis. The Emergencies Leadership Group held its first two meetings on the 20th and 26th March and will report to the Minister and onward to the NI Executive Emergency Contingencies Group. It is establishing a number of sub-groups to co-ordinate different elements of the Covid-19 response, namely -
- Communication & Engagement (Lead: Seamus McAleavey, NICVA)
- Volunteering Response (Lead: Denise Hayward, Volunteer Now)
- Food Response (Maeve Monaghan, NOW Group)
- Medicine/Pharmacy and utility supplies (Joanne Morgan, Community Development & Health Network)
- Well-being in self-isolation (TBC)
- Covid-19 Community Helpline (Kevin Higgins Advice NI)
- Covid-19 Funding (Moira Doherty, Dept for Communities)
NICVA will be leading the Communication and Engagement group and feeding into the others along with other sector organisations. We will keep you posted with the latest developments by these groups and are keen to hear issues that you would like to be raised through them.
NICVA has also been gathering information on your concerns and support needs through a survey which has had a huge response. We will use the results of this survey to understand your most pressing needs and highlight these to government and others.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here