Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
In April 2013 the Viewfinder 14 questionnaire was made available online to 906 NICVA member organisations. In total 153 organisations responded, generating a response rate of 17%.
Key findings include:
- The economic environment continues to impact heavily on member organisations with 39% reporting that their financial situation has worsened over the past 12 months.
- 45% of responding organisations have been affected by the public sector funding cuts.
- Over half of member organisations (61%) have increased their services over the last six months.
- For 61% of organisations grant income makes up over 60% of income
- Over half of respondents (52%) stated that they receive some level of funding from government, 48% from councils, 45% funding from charitable trusts, 36% from the health boards and trusts and 32% from the general public.
- Eighty seven organisations (57%) indicated that they would welcome support for starting up or developing their capacity to raise income from social enterprise activity. Currently, 63 organisations (41%) are engaged in selling services.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review