Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
In May 2012 the Viewfinder 12 questionnaire was made available online to 903 NICVA member organisations. In total 191 organisations responded, generating a response rate of 21%.
Key findings include:
- The economic environment continues to impact heavily on member organisations with 47% reporting that their financial situation has worsened over the past 12 months.
- 67% of responding organisations have been affected by the public sector funding cuts.
- 39% of member organisations have increased their expenditure
- Almost half of member organisations (48%) have increased their services over the last six months.
- For 57% of organisations grant income makes up over 60% of income.
- The majority of organisations have either no earned income (28%) or earned income makes up 10% or less of their income (31%).
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review