Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
In January 2011 the Viewfinder 11 questionnaire was made available online to 930 NICVA member organisations. In total 202 organisations responded, generating a response rate of 21%.
Key findings include:
- The economic environment continues to impact heavily on member organisations, with 39% reporting that their financial situation has worsened over the past six months.
- 53% of responding organisations have been affected by the public sector funding cuts.
- For almost a fifth of responding organisations there has been some reduction in staff numbers.
- 31% of member organisations have increased their expenditure.
- Almost half of respondents (49%) stated that they receive some level of funding from Government, 45% funding from charitable trusts and 34% from the general public.
- The trend towards more collaborative working by member organisations is continuing, with 79% of responding organisations having worked in collaboration in the last six months.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review