Using LinkedIn to Connect Recording
If you missed it you can watch the recording below.
Some tips from Camilla on improving how you use LinkedIn:
Focus on your purpose
- Use LinkedIn as a platform for sharing your purpose
- Many corporate partnerships come from networks with your staff and volunteer body.
- All great and inspiring leaders all think act and communicate – the golden circle – Why? How? What?
- Why do you get out of bed in the morning and why should anyone care?
- Look at your social selling index- this will allow you to see who good you are at making the right connections
Ways to improve your connections
Couch to 5 K
- My network accept/reject requests
- Reply to messages
- React to your notifications
- Engage with 2-3 posts on your home news feed
- Check who has viewed your profile
Supercharged – do these twice a week
- Search and send requests on your network – make it personal
- Post consistently twice a week
- Get your profile in tip top shape - Make sure you have a professional photograph,.You can use Canva to make a banner for you or your organisation.
- People connect with people – best to have a personal account in LinkedIn
What content works?
- Think about your audience – What do they need? What help can you give them?
- Audience will ask WIIFM – what’s in it for me?
- You are not the hero of your content
- Shows to your first degree connections – if they engage then it shows to their first degree connections – this amplifies your message
- Write for a reading age of 12 years – you may be the expert in your field but others are not. Make them conversational.
- #broetry – how to write for LinkedIn and advice
- Avoid links in the post – the alogrum will download that, put links in the comments
- If you share content then include context.
- Only tag a couple of people
- Think about how your audience is feeling and respond to that
Watch the webinar here:
For more information and help contact Bespoke Communications.
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here