Using Social Media to connect: webinar recording and tips
Louise Brogan from Social Bee NI delivered a webinar for NICVA on using social media to connect staff and service users.
Fifty-five people logged on for the webinar on Zoom on 8 April with Louise Brogan from Social Bee NI - our biggest audience for a NICVA webinar so far.
12 things I learnt or was reminded about on the webinar -
- Social Media rules - Show up, Share daily, use video
- Think carefully about who your audience is on each of your social media channels
- Ask questions - when you get comments you connect with more people
- Think how you can best serve your audience, it's not about you - what do they want or need
- Use good quality images - ones you take yourself are best
- Unsplash.com, Pikwizard and Pixabay have free high quality images
- Look at your Facebook insights to see who is engaging with your content and adapt accordingly
- Avoid long messages - break up your message into bite size chunks and post
- Create Facebook groups from your Facebook page to connect with a set group of people
- When you add a image in Twitter you can tag 10 more people
- Engage with people - reply, retweet, join conversations
- Use your video when talking to people online as it allows you to connect more
If you missed the webinar and would like to watch it now please - watch below or click here
Thanks again to Social Bee NI.
If there are any other webinars you would like us to provide please get in touch [email protected]
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities can share their service information here
Find more coronavirus information from NICVA
Sign up for COVID-19 email updates
Not a NICVA member yet?
Save time, money and energy. Join NICVA and you’ll be connecting in to a strong network of local organisations focused on voluntary and community activity.Join Us
NICVA now welcomes all small groups for free.