Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
In September 2013 the Viewfinder 15 questionnaire was made available online to 906 NICVA member organisations. In total 156 organisations fully responded to the survey generating a response rate of 16.4%.
Key findings include:
- Bureaucracy in public funding continues to be an issue in the sector, with over two thirds of organisations (69.4%) seeing an increase in the level of bureaucracy in public funding.
- 55.3% of organisations believe that the administrative requirements for publicly financed projects are not proportionate to the level of funding.
- 81.5% of organisations reported that their organisation appears on the “deemed listed” on the Northern Ireland Charity Commission’s website.
- Of those organisations that are not on the deemed list, 53.3% are not aware that it is going to be a legal requirement to register with the Charity Commission.
- October 2012 saw the introduction of automatic pension enrolment however one quarter of responding organisations stated that they are unaware of the enrolment scheme.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review