Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
The Viewfinder 9 questionnaire was circulated to 896 NICVA member organisations in September 2010 and had a response rate of 28% (252 returns).
Key findings include:
- 94% of respondents are aware that the new regulator of charities has been established and 86.9% are aware that all charitable organisations operating in Northern Ireland will have to register with the new Commission.
- 52.6% have used the Code of Good Governance to help improve the governance in their organisation.
- 210 respondents (84.7%) are currently collaborating with other organisations on projects, whilst 32 organisations (12.7%) are working towards merging with another organisation.
- 58.7% of organisations are confident of meeting demand for their services, at a time when 52.9% have seen an increase in demand for services.
- 60% of respondents reported that they had been negatively impacted by the current recession.
- 121 organisations (48.8%) reported that they had witnessed an increase in demand for volunteering opportunities.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review