Viewfinder is a NICVA survey, distributed to members four times a year which focuses on issues that currently affect the sector.
Viewfinder 8 was circulated to 981 NICVA members in December 2008, and a 21.6% response rate was achived.
Key findings include:
- Seven in ten respondents had witnessed a financial impact on their organisation as a result of the economic downturn.
- Just over half of respondents (53.0%) stated that they had witnessed increased demand for their services as a result of the economic downturn.
- Two-thirds of respondents (66.0%) believe that small organisations are being squeezed by ‘big players’ in the sector.
- An overwhelming majority of respondents (91%) believe it is essential for the sector to work more collaboratively.
- Almost two thirds of respondents (62.9%) believe mergers of some organisations will ensure the long-term sustainability of the sector.
Previous Viewfinder surveys are available on our Research page.
Subscribe to eNews
Content under review