Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants’ Stories
was awarded the contract to deliver the in July 2019, co-ordinates the and works with partners across the city to deliver it: Falls Community Council, West Belfast Partnership Board, East Belfast Community Development Agency and Forward South Partnership.
The programme is a 10-module leadership training course which draws on leadership practices and approaches drawn from a range of internationally recognised models, including Collaboration Skills, Leadership Styles, Leading and Motivating Communities, and Social Innovation.
The course aims to attract participants from the voluntary and community sector, the public sector and the political sector to learn skills which will enable them to collaborate more effectively together in order to make life better in interface areas in Belfast. To this end the course particularly focuses on leadership development and relationship building, through the lens of local issues. Once participants complete their TLP course with NICVA and partners, the aim is for TLP participants to progress to develop a collaborative project in their areas with the support of Belfast City Council, and to attend area-based and Belfast-wide events as well as site visits in order to continue learning and build networks and connections.
This report contains Participant Stories from the programme which began in October 2019 and has included the delivery of 19 TLP courses across 11 interface areas of Belfast – with many more to follow. For ease of reference, the report is set out in areas: North, West, South and East Belfast.
Many thanks to all our fantastic participants for sharing their stories!
- Duncairn Gardens
- Limestone Road
- Lower Oldpark/Manor Street
- North Belfast TLP Course 1
- North Belfast TLP Course 2
- North Belfast TLP Course 3
- North Belfast TLP Course 4
- Colin - Dunmurry - Seymour Hill - Milltown
- Springfield Road
- Lower Ormeau and Markets
- Belvoir- Taughmonagh - Finaghy - Annadale - Ballynafeigh
- Short Strand/Inner East
Subscribe to eNews
Share your COVID-19 support service
Organisations providing support to people and communities during the COVID-19 emergency can share their service information here
- The Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants tell their story- Terry McCallum, Belfast City Council Falls Shankill TLP Spring 2020
- The Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants tell their story- Shannon Downey, Groundwork NI Duncairn TLP Autumn 2019
- The Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants tell their story Lesley Doherty, North Belfast Resident Limestone Road TLP Spring 2020
- The Transformative Leadership Programme: Participants tell their story- North Talks Too & IFI Peace Walls Group, Girdwood TLP, Autumn 2019